Friday, December 17, 2010

GACC chess competition Day 1-3

Just came back from UM. 6 rounds of the tournament had passed, and yea , so far so good.Being very satisfied with my performance of 3 wins , 2 draws and a loss.

The pairings , cross tables and all the info about the tournament are on this link .

I managed to hold 2 Filipinos to draws , in which they are rated (FIDE) 2294 and 2123 respectively. The 1st was a bonus , losing as we transposed into the endgame ; while the second one was quite unfortunate since i have the initiative but did not managed to take home the full point. The wins , although not against highly rated opponents , were well worked for too. The lost, gosh...trashed by the FM. I just screwed my opening theory =P

I had enjoyed the tourney till this stage , giving me pleasant memories that marks another milestone in my illustrious chess career. I never liked chess so much than other things all along. This is the main reason i skipped 3 days of classes and risk failing the formative exam (my semester had started , and in week 5 now) due this monday.

Tomorrow will be a rest day which i hope to utilise to catch up . Come Sunday , it's back to chessing again =) Tough opponent awaits me.

Written briefly since I'm drained mentally and physically. A good night's rest awaits me ^^
[It just rained , it will be a splendid night to recharge]

yikping
955pm

No comments:

Post a Comment