Saturday, January 8, 2011

AMSA HEALTH DAY 2011

First and foremost,congratulations to AMSA Malaysia for organising such a successful and more importantly, fruitful event.

AMSA Health Day (AHD) was a program that concluded an hour or so ago. Organised by the public health department of AMSA Malaysia , and inviting form4&5 students from 4 secondary school , this program was held in HUKM as an one day event in line of promoting awareness of health among adolescents. Themed 'embrace the future , better the world ' , this program attracted around 90 students which were eager to know more about their health.

All set for the big event

Me myself was quite busy throughout the day being the logistics ajk in the morning , program dept ajk in the afternoon and my own portfolio , souvenirs dept exco during the closing. I departed from home as early as 710am this morning to SMK puteri titiwangsa and just arrived home one hour ago. Though busy and tired , i found that this program was a very exciting one that me myself also learnt a lot throughout. I'm also glad to see the happy faces of the students , full of enthusiasm and zeal throughout the day.

Of course , the best part of the program was none other than the talk by the charismatic speaker Mr Suhail , from the international youth centre. Touching topics such as smoking , AIDS , premaritial sex , abandoned babies and healthy diet , Mr Suhail managed to woo the crowd and keep off of us alert and excited in his 1 and a half hour talk.


Students reacting to Mr Suhail's cheer

I missed the sketch part as i was busy helping the jamuan people. After lunch , we were briefed for the explorace and sent to our respective stations as the station master. Frankly , the explorace can be improved to make the event more attractive. Perhaps i'm used to being station masters and playing station games back in my secondary school and those days are really something nice to recall from time to time.

SMK Puteri Titiwangsa also gave me something to cheer about as once again the collaboration was a success. I certainly look forward to having them in our future AMSA programs ! Thanks to all the students , and esp Ms Wong for accompanying them.I would like to thank my fellow exco Erah and my AJK's for helping out in preparing the prizes . Thanks to all involved in this event as I totally enjoyed myself , amidst the exam mood surrounding me for this week.


Prizes awaiting the winners of the day

Miss you guys ~~


yikping
635pm

No comments:

Post a Comment