Sunday, August 10, 2014

Bodyworks Gym and Fitness Centre

        I'm a gym guy. So this is the forth gym that I've joined since my long holidays started way back in April. It's very near to my previous gym (Orient fitness) which I had posted before


The notice board downstairs notifying about the operation hours. 



Warming up before entering the gym, perhaps?



Can you spot my previous gym opposite? The green building =)




        My first take on this gym was: Was I entering a gym museum? This is the lockers section. It was very small and looks dilapidated. The gym has a space of three shoplots combined at the third floor. The floor was rubber and the equipment were all over the place. 



View from the locker's area



Quite messy arrangement that I had to take some time to locate each machine



The weights section which has, sadly, only dumb bells. I was looking forward to at least a few barbells. Well, that's what you get for a cheap price of RM45/ month. Can't complain too much right?



The weights were not the best I would have wanted but at least they can still be useful at some point. 



Old old weights covered with rust. Seem like those things survived from the 90's.



Pictures around the gyms showing models which, hey, did you come from the 80's?



Ignore the television and just focus on the cardio machines. I bet you never saw such a thing before in you life, have you? It's a cycling machine that looks so....ancient.



There are some new ones actually, but they decided to keep the old ones here as well. For display purposes?



        If you are observant enough, you will notice that on the treadmills, a box is placed just below the monitor. I took a closer look only to discover that it is actually like a slot machine, in which you insert coins to get the thing moving. In other words, you have to pay for using the treadmills? I'm not too sure about that cause I do not usually use the treadmills in the gym.



        I wonder how long has this gym been operating.  The equipment look so old and some are rusty. The environment is not as good as the one in orient fitness but it's still better than nothing. Perhaps by time to come, I will be able to enjoy my workout time in this gym, going through the 'cultural shock' from a classy gym to an ordinary gym.


yikping
1120am

No comments:

Post a Comment