Saturday, May 25, 2013

Revoc Chess Genius Tournament @ Putrajaya

I guess it has been some time since i posted something about chess...haha. Thanks to Amin, who is still ever enthusiastic, I participated in this one day event in Putrajaya. It was an event held in conjunction with the ongoing Malaysia Youth Festival 2013. Pretty huge event. I doubt one has the energy to walk through all the booths. There were just too many of them!


A glance at the tournament playing area. There were around 60 players. Time control was 25 minutes, 6 rounds swiss system. Only university students were allowed to take part. Private and local.



The playing area was next to a field.



The arbiter's table. This event was organised by cerdik catur (CM Fadli Zakaria). So I had my 1st cerdik catur rating lol~




Digital clock for a 25 minute game. Pretty nice pieces as well. It was just lovely to play in this tournament


The millennium bridge was visible from the playing area.



Although this is not a totally Open tournament, the playing area however, was indeed pretty open. We were entertained by some nice songs when the games were going on - Love you like a love song; Moves like Jagger; Taylor Swift....Frankly, I love listening to songs when playing chess =)




The competition poster. 



Is this the first time the pairing list and standings were pasted on a tree? For me, yes.



Some activities around the perimeters of the area include the giant bubbles being created. The most interesting of all I suppose.



A glimpse of the Finance Ministry. Wished I had wide lens camera. But the architecture is magnificent.


Yet to receive photos regarding the playing sessions and the prize giving ceremony. But I have to say I had a pretty good luck but failed to kill off the chances today. Came in 7th for the individual and helped UKM to claim runners-up for the team event. Not a bad achievement for me who had been off training for quite sometime. The only disappointment was losing the rematch to UPM player Chek Kin Keuw XD

Nevertheless, thanks to Amin for the hospitality, Yin Cheng, as the 'driver', and Faisal as one of the inspiring team members =)


Here's the link to the website in case you are curious about what stonemaster is hehe


That's all for today. Sigining off,
Yik Ping
942pm

No comments:

Post a Comment